Sunday, February 13, 2022

Holding Hands

 Herself speaks.
Quite serious today.

Hospice has been called for my lovely father-in-law. It's clear that time is short, and each second that ticks by is an exponential step toward the Unknown. His story is not mine to tell, though, and so I will tell you only my small part, which is this: 

I spent several hours today, holding his hand. 

-----
To be present in this time of need for my father-in-law, mother-in-law, Beloved Husband, and their extended family, is a privilege. To be able to offer consolation is a blessing. Sometimes, all one can do is Be There. And sometimes, having someone to Be There is the greatest joy, even in times of sorrow. 

Life is sometimes hard. Time is both very long and somehow far too short. And I will do whatever I can to ease the road ahead in times of need.

1 comment: