Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Routine

 Herself speaks.

I am trying to get into the swing of things for 2022. Everything is out of sorts; the end-of-2021-exhaustion still lingers. 

Pandemic issues abound: we have one (vaccinated) household member who is on day 8 of recovering from COVID (fortunately the illness didn't seem to be too severe); another household member who was absolutely flattened by a booster shot yesterday; another (vaccinated and boosted) household member who is completely comfortable with the risks associated with dining in restaurants; and... me -- vaccinated, boosted, and not at all comfortable with the attitude of the General Population as I try to go about life outside of my house. Hoi polloi, so unconcerned. I cannot even think about it too much, because my level of impotent rage is SO HIGH. The knowledge that I have so little control over the level of casual exposure I encounter, is defeating.

I am trying to arrange my life as best possible, to be able to do the things I want to do and like to do; to go to work; to play my supportive role in the family. I need to get into a pattern. A routine that is safe, and comforting. A way of tackling each day productively and contentedly. 

I'll get there. It's going to take more Work than I previously realized, though. 

As always: one day at a time. 

The buns stand guard, contemplating Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment