Sunday, December 26, 2021

Boxing Day

Herself speaks.

This holiday season is... weird. Pandemic Christmas, Round Two. 

The extended family gathering consisted of a brief Christmas Eve swing-by to drop off gifts, with a few hastily-taken, fully-masked photos. Christmas was very low key -- a few presents for Offspring the First and Offspring the Third, plus Beloved Husband and myself, and much lying-about-doing-nothing. The highlight was an hour's-long phone call with Offspring The Second, hearing about his new Adventures in places Northwest. It was truly delightful to hear him, and reminded me how much I really do miss him. Today, Boxing Day, I made a turkey-pot-pie out of leftovers from yesterday's dinner, and that was all the excitement for me. 

I've been battling a bit of a migraine for several days, brought about by changes in weather, end-of-year-work-stress, a few too many holiday cookies, and whatnot. Everything hurts a little bit. 

I am tired.

The spring promises to be very busy, because of my personal projects plus ongoing work. I need to gather strength and energy to move forward. 

One day at a time. We'll get there. 

Current mood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment