Wednesday, September 23, 2020

RBG

 Herself speaks.

This past weekend, we drove out to visit the Cosmic Campground International Dark Sky Sanctuary. It was very nice: hardly any insects (unlike our previous camping trip); it was peaceful and quiet; and the night sky was as lovely as you would imagine, with the Milky Way in plain sight and an innumerable number of stars.

The route to the Campground took us through some very picturesque rolling hills. As I drove along, I decided to search for a radio station. The hills prevented most signal from getting through, but then I landed on a National Public Radio station. The announcer was midway through reciting a biographic summary, which I quickly recognized as being that of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Oh, no.

I listened. 

Two minutes later, Beloved Husband's phone pinged. "It's a 'breaking news' about Ruth Bader Ginsburg" he said, with a note of trepidation in his voice.

Oh, no.

-----

Other people have described in detail, the myriad accomplishments, the bright shining personality, the magnificence  of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. 

Her loss is indescribable; her legacy, tremendous. 

Today, as I see photos of her 'army' of law clerks standing guard before her flag-draped coffin, I am bereft anew for all of us. 

May her memory be a blessing

Image found here:


No comments:

Post a Comment