Monday, July 20, 2020

Past Due

Herself speaks.

It's been six months since I visited White Sands National Monument with Cherished Friend. Six months -- plus one pandemic, and one 1700-mile move. How things have changed.

I used to see Cherished Friend with regularity; even when he was in a different corner of this desert land, he was within a few hours' drive, and I made a point to try to visit him, or host him here, every couple of months. Yet now that's no longer possible. And it is even more painfully obvious at this time, as I am reaching a point where I would normally be looking at the calendar, inquiring as to when he might be free, and mulling over what sort of hiking or outdoorsy activity we could undertake together.

The truth is: with the pandemic, I don't know when I'll see him in person again. And this fills me with incredible sadness.

All I can do is be patient, and hope for the best. And a vaccine.

We shall see how things unfold.


No comments:

Post a Comment