Tuesday, July 7, 2020

My Old Man

New Old Dog is slowly declining. He had a resurgence last week, thanks to some steroids and pain relievers and antacids, but it appears that the medications are no longer having the desired effect. He is looking thinner -- withering away, slowly.

I had to leave him at a new vet's office this morning for an ultrasound, to see if they can pinpoint the issue. It's a good thing we are all wearing masks these days -- that way strangers cannot necessarily tell if you are near tears.

I want to be optimistic. I think I know better. I don't want him to be in pain. And I don't know what will happen if he needs to go to meet his Maker. All I can do is hope that if that is the case, I will be able to be there with him.

Bless you, New Old Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment