Monday, June 10, 2019

Vide Noir

Tonight's earworm: the title track from Lord Huron's latest album: Vide Noir. 

Vide Noir: the black void.

I have given some thought to the Void.  You know the Void: it is that place of despair into which we all fall from time to time.

I have learned that I know what the Void is. English will not do to describe the Void, and so I will name it in another tongue:

gan ghrá

Now that I can name the Void, I can fully embrace it, make it a part of myself -- and by doing so, I will no longer be in danger of falling into the Void, for it will merely be falling further into myself.

The Void, like the creature called forth by Sparrowhawk in A Wizard of Earthsea, will no longer pursue me when I have caught it and brought it into myself.

Imagine how peaceful it will be.




No comments:

Post a Comment