Sunday, August 12, 2018

Motivation

I have lost mine: have you seen it?
-----
It has been very difficult for me to find a regular schedule in this post-Task era. Because of the confluence of various circumstances and activities, I'd been working all day, every day and every evening, for nearly eight months straight by the time The Task was finished. Now I don't know what to do with myself. I don't really want to fold laundry or cook (although previously those were welcome diversions from work). I have read a couple of books, which were satisfactory; and started a few others that were less so. I have used my coloring books and played my piano. I have sat outside in the evening twilight, just because.

I don't know if I am sad, or just still drained, or both.

There might be more -- the minutiae of being pecked by one thousand ducks -- but I am Too Tired to parse or write about it.

One day at a time. Things will get better.

1 comment:

  1. it is so odd to reach the end of a long process and then be bereft... hang in there, and be gentle with yourself

    ReplyDelete