Thursday, April 5, 2018

Holey Cow

I have passed this small herd of cows several times now on the way to one of my tasks. They all have a large circular window (door?) on their left side. Offspring the Third, who is taking an animal sciences course in college, informs me that the windows are used to analyze digestion and compare various feeds and such. It's fascinating, in a somewhat horrible way. 

I will say, though, that these cows are fluffy, glossy, clearly well-fed, and allowed to freely roam in a grassy field on a regular basis (for that is where I always see them). They hang out together in a comfortable spot when they are not roaming, and appear to be enjoying the mild spring weather. As uncomfortable as it may be to contemplate use of cows in this manner, perhaps we can take comfort in knowing that they appear to be content. 

1 comment:

  1. wow... picture that emoji with the mouth gaping and hands at the side of the face...just wow.

    ReplyDelete