Monday, April 2, 2018

Daughter

Herself speaks.

I don't write much about my family and loved ones, for they are all very private individuals. Nevertheless, I will say that this past weekend, there was a moment when there was a medical emergency and we were very concerned about the wellbeing of the family patriarch. He is brilliant, kindly, thoughtful, responsible, generous, and an overall outstanding human being, and we are all tremendously grateful that all turned out well. I aspire to be like him. Perhaps, if I try hard, someday I will have the grace of character that he does.

And so, today's earworm: My Father's Daughter (Jewel).

I am my father's daughter
I have my Grandma's eyes
I am the product of such sacrifice
I am the accumulation of the dreams of generations
And their stories live in me like holy water
I am my father's daughter

2 comments:

  1. wishing your family patriarch (and matriarch) health and peace! some for you, too! <3

    ReplyDelete