Thursday, March 1, 2018

Caterpillar

Herself speaks.

Offspring the Second turns twenty-three today. He is such a lovely person: bright, inquisitive, polite, thoughtful, kind-hearted and witty. It is always a pleasure to speak with him. When he shares his point of view with me, I see the world anew through his eyes, and I am made a better person. 

Beloved Husband sent me a few pictures of Offspring the Second's first days. In one in particular, Offspring the Second slumbers peacefully in his fuzzy green onesie, resting in my arms like a wee green caterpillar, dreaming of the day when he will be a butterfly. 

And in the blink of an eye, this once-tiny little person is grown and has transformed into an angular, delightful young man on the threshold of all sorts of wonderful possibilities. Go forth, Offspring the Second, and see where the winds of the world take you. 

I look forward to seeing where he flies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment