Sunday, March 8, 2015

Blue October

A little musical interlude for you: let us listen to some Blue October.  A lot of Blue October's lyrics are a bit heartbreaking, and the lead singer's frank revelations about his struggles with drug addiction and failed relationships provide some bittersweet context to his songs. Ultimately, there's peace and love within the raw emotions. Bravo, Blue October, for channeling pain and difficulty into music that can speak what others cannot say. 

Here are three of our favorites for you:

First, Hate Me, which is the first song we heard from Blue October.

While I was busy waging wars on myself, 
you were trying to stop the fight.


Second, Congratulations

My words they don't come out right
But I'll try to say I'm happy for you


And third, Not Broken Anymore.

You're the touchstone my complete
You're the ship that kept me afloat.


We hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment