Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mysterious Reader

As many of you know, there is a SiteMeter at the bottom of the Blog's first page.  I installed it as a curiosity to see what kind of information it would yield; interestingly, the number of hits and page views calculated by the SiteMeter differs from the "Stats" provided by Blogger itself.  It is confusing to try to compare or combine the two sets of data, so I have given up trying to do so.

The SiteMeter provides little information:  a partially masked IP address, the ISP, location in the world, Operating System used, and browser - if any of those are available.  Sometimes all that is listed is "Unknown." Location is particularly strange, because it appears to vary; for example, if I access the Blog through my mobile phone, the location is different depending on how the information is routed, and may even be a different city from the one in which I live.

I have noted of late that there is one individual who has begun to stop by regularly.  The location is unfamiliar - it is a city here in Texas, although no one I know lives there.  Nevertheless, the information provided by SiteMeter is consistent for each day that the person opens the Blog.

I do not know who you are, Mysterious Reader.  I am truly grateful, though, for your presence.  I hope that you find some useful words here, and I will be honored if you continue to visit regularly. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment