Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Now that we are all satiated, and are ensconced on various couches feeling the tightness of our belts and yet still eyeing that delicious pie over there, let us pause and give thanks for the very many blessings in our lives.  Herself speaks:

So many blessings, where to begin?

I am thankful for my Beloved.  He loves me deeply despite my many flaws, insecurities, and failings.  He is my joy, my comfort, my consolation, and my companion.  I am the person I am today because of him.  I cannot imagine my life any other way than with him.

I am thankful for my Offspring.  They are lovely, witty, kindhearted individuals, so caring and thoughtful.  Wise beyond their years at times.  It is quite a miracle that I somehow brought such delightful people into the world. 

I am thankful for my in-laws, who bestowed my Beloved upon the world, and also welcomed me with open arms and loving hearts from the very first day they met me.  It is a blessing to be considered part of their family.

I am thankful for my parents, who gave me life, and made every effort while raising me to make all opportunities possible for me.  They are still here for me at the drop of a hat, should I ever ask.

I am thankful for my brother and sister, who shaped my childhood and who remain my steadfast supporters and friends in my adulthood.  Though we live far apart from one another, we are always close in heart.

 I am thankful for my internet friends, who are a valuable source of humor, support, and care, even though we have never laid eyes upon one another.  The miracle of technology, bringing people together in this way. 

I am thankful for my old friends with whom I have reconnected because of FaceBook.  Another miracle of technology, enabling me to eliminate time and distance and to enjoy them once more.

I am thankful for my El Paso friends.  They are an endless source of joy for me.  Their companionship, their support, and their kindness bolster me when I struggle.  They entertain, enlighten, and enliven me.  They provide me opportunities to care for them and to help them, and I feel useful and valuable.  We talk together.  We work through difficulties together.  We have adventures together.  We laugh together.

I am a lucky woman, to have so many individuals as blessings in my life.  The Universe is kind, and I am grateful.  Happy Thanksgiving, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment