Thursday, October 21, 2010

Samurai

This past weekend, Herself's Beloved purchased a Suzuki Samurai.  This transaction was, in short, quite discombobulating for Herself.  Nevertheless, it inspired some quite creative work.  I present to you, the story as described by Herself, in haiku format, complete with a preface couplet.
_________________________________________________________

Despite great efforts,
I manage to be wordy
Even with haiku.

Such logorrhea!
Pity the suffering souls
Who get my e-mails.

Now in the garage -
An '86 Suzuki.
Rather underwhelmed.

Very unhappy.
My thoughts on the Suzuki
Involve expletives.

(Who, me? I'd never
Curse like a salty sea dog.
Not within earshot....

I will note, though, that
"Un-f**ckin-believable"
Fits nicely in here.)

Recall what Luke said
Re: Millennium Falcon?
"What a piece of junk!"

Why is this so hard?
I’ve never picked my own car.
Could I be jealous?

I don’t fantasize
About vehicles to buy
Waste of time; no point.

Sudden decisions
And purchase of vehicles
Make me quite anxious.

Cannot comprehend
The reasons behind this change.
Not understanding.

And should I have known
This would be the fulfillment
Of a goal for him?

Unobservant wife.
Guilty of not inquiring
Regarding his dreams.

Anger, frustration.
All my hot buttons are pushed.
I cannot explain.

Bitter tears are shed.
Get a grip on yourself, Self!
Don't be pathetic!

Oh, dear. Must work on
My attitude adjustment.
CrankyPants, begone!

Not what I wanted,
(Didn't want Honda, either)
But - not about me.

It makes him happy.
He works hard, he deserves it.
I'll be supportive.

We’ll work together.
I’ll learn how to drive stick shift
And to change the oil.

I will come to terms
With having the Samurai.
I can conquer this.

Desert adventures
With Suzuki Samurai?
I'll learn to love it.

1 comment:

  1. classic ride... i am jealous... and the story about it is tragically comical

    ReplyDelete