Saturday, July 4, 2020

Things and Stuff

Herself speaks.

This cup has been in the front hall of the house for a week now. It arrived last Sunday afternoon, and has not moved from its spot since then.

I'm waiting to see how long it stays there. 

I love my family, so much. I work hard to ensure their welfare, their safety and security and happiness. They are all lovely, smart, well-meaning people. 

They do, however, tend to leave a trail of possessions throughout the house. And sometimes when the house is cluttered, my brain feels a little cluttered too.  I do my best to ignore the things that are not specifically mine; if something isn't in the way and isn't a danger to other people or the pets, I try to just leave it where it is. Ignore it. Don't look at it. I am now an expert at Not Seeing things. 

And apparently, when it comes to a see-through plastic cup, so is everyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment