Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ambivalence

Unusual for me:  I am currently suffering from ambivalence about generating entries for the blog.  There are many little snippets of thoughts I have brewing, including scenes and moments from the family trip to Tombstone, Arizona, this past weekend, that I should describe, and yet nothing leaps out at me shouting "write me!" 

Things have been busy since we returned, certainly, between Herself's Work, the end of the school year, and other assorted complexities.  But even on active days, I can find time to write, if something must be written.  That has not happened.

Perhaps it was the enjoyment of the activities of the weekend that has contributed to my current apathy.  When Real Life is engaging, the mental world of the blog that I have so carefully constructed becomes rather tiny and irrelevant.  My words become tiny and irrelevant.  I am rather tiny and irrelevant. 

If I stopped entirely, though, I would miss the writing.

Perhaps I am just facing a roadblock:  the post-vacation withdrawal and sadness that so often follows the excitement of an adventure.  Rather than prepare a post detailing the weekend trip -- for that would require me to revisit and rehash the enjoyment of the weekend, and I am not yet ready to do so -- I shall consider just moving onwards. It may be that I simply cannot write about Tombstone just yet.

We shall see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment