Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Mr. Troublepuffs

 I realize that while I have devoted a post to Stretch the tuxedo cat, I have not done so for the feral tabby who visits the back yard snacks. And so, let me provide more information on Tall Kitty. 

He is very shy and only comes in the dark of night. It's hard to tell what color he is from the pictures, but he's quite gray (much like one of Offspring the Third's kitties), from the few times we have seen him in the porchlight. 

He seems abnormally tall for a kitty (or perhaps Offspring the Third's gray kitty is just... particularly stubby?). 

He's got a bit of a baby face, but he seems to be full grown. 


He and the skunks appear to be buddies -- or at least acquaintances.


He's quite cautious and looks around a lot while eating. 




And he really has a magnificent fur pattern.



Finally, we are sure he is a boy, because one photo -- which I won't share here, because it's a bit up close and personal -- has a clear view of his nethers, and his visible... troublepuffs make it quite apparent that he's not neutered. It's more than I ever knew about feline gonads previously.  Learn something knew every day! 

On the bright side, the tuxedo kitty has an ear clipped, indicating that it has been part of a TNR (trap, neuter and release) program -- so even if she is a girl, at least they will not be burdened with an excess of new teeny kitties. That's too much to ask for a feral kitty. 

Stay well, Tall Kitty. We'll make sure you have plenty of snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment