Saturday, October 7, 2023

What's That Feeling

 Please forgive the paucity of communication this week; I've been immersed in a migraine loop that I'm finding hard to break.  I have the good meds on board, and I'm trying, but I feel... terrible. It'll take a bit of time. 

One aspect of heavy-duty-migraine that I have noticed, is that the wall between neutrality and feelings is much, much thinner. Sometimes, I cannot tell if I am experiencing a welling-up of feelings, or the early onset of what will eventually be a surge of migraine.  A little bit of research shows me that there appears to be an association between alexithymia and migraine (as well as between alexithymia and autism). It's intellectually interesting, for sure, and would be more interesting if it weren't for the fact that it all just means that my brain hurts and my feelings are complex and not easily identifiable at the moment. And that I'd rather not be experiencing any of that, thank you very much. 

I'm going to go drink more water to placate the "you're just dehydrated!" migraine-advice-gods, and then maybe lie down for a while more. Maybe I'll feel a feeling or two, and see if that will placate them enough so that they will go away for now. We shall see. 

Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment