Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Electronic Blues

Herself speaks.

The smartphone has succumbed to a ridiculous hardware error -- suddenly, unexpectedly, completely. ARGH.

When I returned to the store from whence I purchased it, I was told that the only option under the warranty was replacement, and that they would order the replacement right away, and I could come in and get it as soon as it was delivered. It might be delivered the following day, or the day after that.

(Side note: the following conversation ensued:
Me: How will you let me know when the replacement phone is ready to be picked up?
Technician: We will send you a text.
Me: ::: blankstare :::)

I received an email yesterday: "We're processing your order!"

I received an email today: "Your order is on back order! We will let you know when it is shipped!"

I looked. No indication of back order time frame.

The Googles tells me that this hardware problem is common in the smartphone model, and that the replacement phones are back ordered nationwide.

I CANNOT DO WITHOUT A PHONE.

What if someone is trying to call me?

Oy.

The other option is to purchase a different phone.

I am heartily enraged.

I shall go tomorrow to see what can be done.

This is why I can't have nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment