Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tying a Knot

Herself speaks:

There are days when I am tired of being an adult.  There are eight million little pieces of life that all require my attention.  There is this project at work, that deadline at work, this e-mail, that telephone call, these reminders, those concerns about clients paying and about having adequate amounts of work to do.  On the home front, there is the laundry, the food, the bills, the cleaning, the pets, the house -- an endless cycle of care and attention.  Added to that, is the delicate balancing act of handling the needs and wants of all the various family members.  Everyone needs nurturing. 

I do too. 

More than anything else, I would like someone to make me a snack, pat my hair, and tell me that everything will be all right. 

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment