Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolution

All around the globe for the past twenty-four hours, individuals have been making promises to themselves and to others - pledges that changes will happen, that new leaves will be overturned, that personal betterment will begin today.

Rather than disperse my efforts among a herd of tiny goals that will be impossible to corral and maintain, I have a single overarching resolution.

My objective this year is to make myself a refuge for others. Are you hungry? Tired? Lonely? Afraid? Ailing? In pain? I am here for you. Do you need a touch of a hand? A listening ear? A quiet companion? I am here for you. I will do my very best to foresee and provide, if you do me the honor of coming to me in your times of need. You will be safe, and nurtured, here.

I am sanctuary.



No comments:

Post a Comment