Thursday, February 25, 2016

Prince

While perusing the interwebs the other day, I found and re-read a bit of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I first read it years and years ago, in high school, and in the original French. It was difficult reading, for French was always challenging. I think that perhaps I missed out on the beauty of the book in having to read it for scholarly analysis instead of purely for enjoyment.

I might have to get a copy of the English translation. Or perhaps there is a copy of the book with both the French and the English? That would be excellent, because I could read in the original language and still have a bit of translation when necessary.

I'll have to look for such a book. (In my free time.) It is indeed a lovely story.

C’est tellement mystérieux, le pays des larmes.

Picture of the cover of the book found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince#/media/File:Littleprince.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment