Friday, July 29, 2016

Glass Ceiling

Herself speaks.

I know many people feel quite strongly about the presidential candidates this election year, and I am no exception. Without delving into the political fray (or, more properly, morass), I will say this one thing:

This is something that I never imagined: the official nomination of a woman for presidential candidate. It is a great event. The young girl inside me, wearing her SUPER GIRL shirt, is enormously proud of this showing of all the things that girls can do. 

I am grateful to have seen this moment. 

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton hugs U.S. President Barack Obama as she arrives onstage at the end of his speech on the third night of the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S., July 27, 2016. © Jim Young

1 comment: