Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fringe

We have been enjoying Fringe.  It has just the right amounts of science and science fiction, good actors with excellent chemistry, decent special effects. It keeps Herself moving on her elliptical trainer -- she only watches it while exercising, and is sufficiently motivated to get to the end of an episode, each time.  It is difficult to find quality television these days, but Fringe clearly fills the bill.

The episode we watched yesterday, Brown Betty, was a stylized, fairy-tale retelling of some of the basics of the plot of the show so far.  It was oddly touching.  And in the midst of the episode, character Olivia Dunham summed everything up, beautifully:

All I want is someone who'll warm me when I'm cold, feed me when I'm hungry, and maybe take me dancing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment