Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Catch-up

Herself speaks.

I feel as though I ought to talk about all the somewhat complex yet mundane happenings of the past few weeks -- yet I do not feel up to going into detail, somehow. I shall give the nutshell version.

There was a lot of physical minutiae -- the recovery from the MOHS surgery (which is going well, I am glad to say); endoscopy and colonoscopy to investigate and ensure nothing more sinister than IBS is brewing in my innards (the results did not reveal anything significant, mercifully, and so we assume IBS and proceed accordingly); plus additional doctor visits to address other uncomfortable issues (which are improving, I am happy to report). I am mentally exhausted from the necessary physical invasions, and still experiencing occasional flashbacks of previous unpleasant medical occasions. I need more quiet, tender touch, to balance out the unpleasantness.

Also: there was Thanksgiving, which entailed some very enjoyable cooking, and a house full of my very favorite people. Lovely -- yet also a wee bit mentally taxing, as each person has their own individual needs to which to attend. I now need some quiet, alone time, in which to reflect fondly upon my favorite people, to appreciate them, and to miss them.

I am not sure how to self-care right now. I would spend some time organizing my abode to quiet my mind, but there is much work at Work to be done. Alas.

One step at a time.

A little rest with a companion can help

1 comment: