Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Words That Capture

Words.

There are some sentiments, deep and unparseable, that need a precise word -- for only by naming what it is that we feel, can we understand ourselves.

Sometimes, there are questions within: wonderings, longings, with a sense of uncertainty. How did I get here? Was this the 'right' road? How am I to judge the road behind me? What am I to think of the spot where I now stand? Does that change how I look at the road ahead of me? Where do I go from here?

Interspersed with these reflections, is a sense of nostalgia:  a subtle yearning for the times when we forged ahead, not knowing what lay before us, but trusting in our choices and hoping for the best.

There is a small temptation, as well, to second-guess ourselves (as there always is with 20/20 hindsight): how might things have been different, had our choices been different? That is a dark and rocky road, perhaps best left untraveled -- for we are here, now, because of where we have been. Onward, ho!

Still, the questions remain.

I present for you this evening, three words: they intersect, and have an undercurrent of similarity. Do they speak to you? Are they the right words? We will keep searching until we find the words we need. And we will move forward, together.



1 comment:

  1. wow... those are powerful words ... all of them resonate in some way

    ReplyDelete