Saturday, September 19, 2015

X Thoughts

Herself speaks.

Eons ago, it seems, Beloved Husband and I used to watch X Files. Science-y, science fiction-y, creepy awesomeness. And it's now on Netflix! HUZZAH. I've started fresh from season one, to see if it's as good as I remember. I've now watched the first few episodes, and have had the following thoughts:

Scully's complexion is flawless. And she always looks so well-coiffed.

Ah, Mulder. I had such a thing for you, back in the day.

Scully is supposed to be a medical school graduate? And teaching at the FBI Academy? She's not old enough. SO YOUNG.

And Mulder is supposed to be 33. Really? He looks SO YOUNG too.

I must be really old.

Equal opportunity gratuitous flesh: Scully in a bra, Mulder shirtless. (Not together, mind you.) 
Something for everyone.

How does Scully manage not to look ginormous in all those boxy oversized shoulder-padded blazers? I would have loved her wardrobe back in the late 80s-early 90s. Except if would never have worked on me, because Boobs. I wonder what it's like to be a tiny woman? Sigh.

Mulder's dialog is a bit hackneyed. Why does he always sound like he's enunciating profound truths in every sentence?

Oooh, Scully's apartment. She has a bathtub with feet. I would love a bathtub with feet.

Mulder has Very Poofy Hair. In the shot in which he's supposed to have just woken up, he has extremely realistic bedhead. Oh, dear.

They both have big round glasses. I had those! Awesome.

Scully is very careless with her firearm. She tucked it into her waistband to climb down a ladder (NO), and in two consecutive episodes, she left it in a place where she'd have to run to it or scrabble to get it -- the wrong nightstand in a hotel, and on the back of her living room couch. She really needs to be more responsible.

Oh, Mulder. WHY did I have such a thing for you back in the day?

They have a very pleasant rapport. They can question one another's point of view and beliefs without making it personal or taking offense. Well done, you two.

So many of their problems could be solved with cell phones.

Good times.

Mulder and Scully were found here
http://s017.radikal.ru/i418/1208/72/518bd295735a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment