Wednesday, September 23, 2015

el Papá Francisco

The Pope is visiting the United States. I like this Pope: he seems determined to eschew the aloof trappings of his position, and instead reaches out to the people. He embraces science and even seems to have an open-mindedness about social issues. He appears to work hard to model humility and service and forgiveness and love. Good for him. I wish him well.

As I watch the news coverage, I am struck by the ebullience of the crowds. What a tremendous responsibility and privilege he has, to bring hope and faith to so many all over the world -- yet he handles it beautifully.  He looks just as happy as the people in the crowds, too. It is delightful.

I hope you are able to serve long and well, Pope Francis.

The Pope, waving to the crowds, was found here:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/23/politics/pope-francis-washington-visit-updates/

No comments:

Post a Comment