Monday, July 27, 2015

Call Me

Herself was sorting the bin of hats at the kitchen table.  Offspring the Third sat with her.  Tio, the three-toothed elderly chihuahua, rested in his nest nearby.  The following conversation ensued:

Offspring the Third:  Who is going to keep you company when you do these things when I go off to college?

Herself:  :::looking over at the elderly dog::: Tio will.  I'll talk to him. 

Offspring the Third:  I talk to Tio sometimes.

Herself:  Me too. Only trouble is, he doesn't talk back.

Offspring the Third:  You can call me whenever you want to talk.  Unless I'm in class. But if I'm in class and you call, I'll just explain to the Professor that it's my mother and she's really lonely so I'll have to answer.

Herself:  That's very thoughtful of you.

----
Ah, child. Thank you for your words. You are a blessing, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment