Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I Miss Me Too When I Go Missing

The Bloggess has nailed it.

I usually read her writings, but I had skipped over this one because I have been feeling withdrawn and self-protective and couldn't bring myself to expend the energy to go look at her blog entry. But then, a Facebook friend who very rarely posts put up a link to her post, and so I thought it might be important somehow. And it is.

Tonight I miss people. I miss friends who I’ve lost. I miss friends who still exist, but are too terrified of life to say hello. I understand it. I miss me too when I go missing. But I’m still here – deep down- under the shell that protects me when life gets too rough. I’m still here when my head tries to tell me I’m nothing. I’m still here under it all. And you’re here too.

You’re here even if you think no one would know if you were gone. You’re here in the hearts of people you would never suspect you had impacted. You’re here in memory and in reality and in the echo of every person you ever touched and taught. You are magnified in ways you never knew.

You can read her whole post here
http://thebloggess.com/2015/05/to-missing-friends-the-ones-lost-the-ones-in-hiding/

I have gone missing. And I am right here.

Picture copyright 2014, 2015, Mediocria Firma. Used with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment