Sunday, June 8, 2014

Introspective Ruminations

Five years ago was our first post.

The blog, so simple at first, has evolved organically over time. It has become a haven for all kinds of thoughts -- both tiny and gigantic -- among which pictures (some trivial, some beautiful) have taken up residence. It has grown ever so slowly into an ecosystem unto itself   it is a garden of words, and I, timid yet hopeful gardener, have tended it with wonder and love. It has been balm for my soul when I have needed it most.

I am humbled and grateful for your presence, my treasured readers. You motivate me to write, and the act of writing -- although yielding frequently wordy and sometimes incomprehensible results -- has brought me a bit of understanding, acceptance of things past, and encouragement for what lies ahead. It is good.

I hope you will continue to walk this path with me, my readers. My step is lighter and more sure when you are here.  And when darkness occasionally descends on this garden of mine, you help me to see the stars.

Thank you.

Keeping a journal has taught me that there is not so much new in your life as you sometimes think. When you re-read your journal you find out that your latest discovery is something you already found out five years ago. Still, it is true that one penetrates deeper and deeper into the same ideas and the same experiences. ― Thomas Merton, The Sign of Jonas 


The Big Dipper, the evening of May 23, 2014, in Tombstone, AZ.  
Picture copyright 2014, Mediocria Firma. Used with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment