Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Healing Hand

Herself had a vivid dream last night.

I was lying down on my stomach on a couch or bed, propped up on my elbows, either fiddling with a book or holding some small project in my hands. My lower back hurt, as it does when I am awake. I was chatting about inconsequential things with a person whom I apparently knew well and with whom I was comfortable. The person was sitting off slightly behind me to my left, just out of my line of  vision.

I put my book or project down onto the floor and lay down flat, my head on my folded arms, my eyes closed. The person continued to talk quietly and pleasantly with me, and simultaneously reached out a hand and placed it flat on my back beneath my T-shirt, right over the place that hurt. The hand was warm and strong, but not heavy.  I felt my entire body relax under the hand, and the pain in my back  dissolved until it was just a whisper of itself.  It was a marvelous sensation. I rested quietly, listening to the melodic and soothing sound of the person's voice, and hoping the hand would remain on my skin until the pain dissipated completely.

Would that she could, awake, have that hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment