Thursday, May 3, 2012

Queen

Fairy tale haiku continue.
-------------------------------

Fairest of them all -
Skin as snow and ruby lips
Ebony tresses

Magical mirror
Cruelly crushes my heart
She is more than I

Feeble, the huntsman
Mesmerized by loveliness
Allowed her escape

Seven dwarved miners
Selfishly offered shelter -
Captive housekeeper

So willing to trust,
Resplendent and greedy:
Delicious apple

Glass coffin for her;
Weeping, weeping, tiny men
I reign, we are safe

Shallow, half-wit prince
Carries off her still body
Nature's work of art

Dislodged, the poison -
My rejoicing, premature:
She has awakened

She will be crowned queen
Enraptured celebration
Foolish commoners

None but I can see
Only skin deep, her beauty.
She cares not at all

She will trample us
Under her small dainty heel
And leave us to die

Abandoned, bereft
Not a soul will realize
She loves just herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment