Thursday, December 8, 2011

Judge Not

There are times when Herself is truly dismayed by the unkind or heartless words that leave others' mouths.  This would be one of those times.  Even though the statements in question -- which are best left unwritten -- were not directed at her, Herself is not only perplexed that an individual would say such things, but also dismayed that she could not be there in person to defend the targeted individual or deflect the cruel commentary.

Promise me, readers:  if there comes a time when I am judgmental rather than welcoming; when I am more concerned with outward appearances than with enjoyment of another's company; when I mock the interests of individuals rather than supporting them in their endeavors; when I plow forth with my own agenda instead of listening carefully to others -- should any of these things happen, you must take me out to the desert and leave me there, so that I may reevaluate myself.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.  - Mother Teresa 

No comments:

Post a Comment