Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No Words

Herself speaks:

I had planned to write copious things while peacefully alone this week.   In particular, I had hoped to put together a small booklet of advice and helpful hints for Offspring the First for her foray into collegiate life.  Yet, not a word has been written.
The enormity of her leaving home weighs almost unbearably heavily.  My beautiful little girl, how can I protect you from all of the Evils of the world when you will be so far away?  I will not be here to make sure that you have your favorite foods to eat, a special blanket to keep you warm, a hug when you are sad or happy.  You will have to put on your own band-aids, make your way to unfamiliar places, ask for help from strangers.   You will stumble and fall, and have to pick yourself up and try again. 
I know you can succeed.  I have enormous, shining faith in you. 
Godspeed, child.  May the Universe bless you with stalwart friends and a clear, smooth path into the future.  Work hard, and believe in yourself.  You will go far.
I will always be here for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment