Friday, July 17, 2009

Cloaked

One of the most noteworthy magical objects throughout the Harry Potter series is the invisibility cloak. Although it appears (so to speak) in the very first book, it is not until the end of the series that its unique and vital properties are fully revealed. It is the one of the three hallows that I would most like to have. Aside from the more practical applications -- such as smuggling baby dragons -- such a cloak would be particularly useful for understanding humanity.

People are perplexing. I find some individuals difficult to read; I tend to forget that others may have hidden agendas and ulterior motives. There are moments when I am surprised that another person doesn't think the same way as I do. If I could spend more time observing and listening without intruding, I might slowly develop a better sense of what motivates individuals. An invisibility cloak would be an invaluable asset in this quest.

Plus, I could raid the refrigerator unnoticed.


No comments:

Post a Comment